Monday, May 11, 2015

Who is one of your mentors? What do you admire about them? What makes them unique and what have you learned from them?

So I meant to post this last friday, but the week I had was ridiculous. Funnily enough, this post will actually coincide with what happened.

I take pride in have two great photography mentors in my life, Kari and Jayne. I have known Jayne for a while longer than Kari, but these ladies are truly a great addition to my life. They are two very strong-willed women with thriving businesses and a new studio that's on the rise! Kari is married with a colorful 12-year-old of a daughter, and Jayne is married with three energetic monkeys! (They aren't really monkeys, just a phrase people!) They have dubbed me and the other interns their "minions" (despicable me) and teach us about photography and life in their own unique style.

For example, this past week I had the unfortunate issue of having to deal with legal problems in my business that will go unsaid, but they were there to help every step of the way. From frantic phone calls, and legal advice they kept me calm and read me through all the steps that were necessary I needed to take.

I learned that mistakes will be made, problems go hand-in-hand when owning a business, and people will try to get the best of you... No matter the relationship you have with them.

(Photo credit to whoever gif-ed this, and etc)

Ps. check out Tori's new blog post!

Love Always,
Marissa Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment