Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Childhood Dreams

"What did you want to be as a child, and how does that compare to how you define yourself now?"

Doctor. What kid didn't want to be a doctor when they grew up? You know... other than the ones that wanted to be firefighters, and police officers, and well... never mind.

The kind of doctor I wanted to be was an eye doctor. Specifically because I saw eye doctors so much that I thought they were the coolest thing. As a child, I believe the "hero" you associate with growing up to be like is also connected to what the world stimulates kids into thinking who exactly are the heroes.

Credit to gifmaker/etc.

But let's be honest. Not every kid grows up to be what he or she expected they'd be by the time they are an adult. For myself, my dream job is social media management for upcoming actors/artists/writers/etc. I want to be able to teach young adults how to manager their social media in a way that won't be harmful to their careers. Handle their press conference and appearances, and maybe even be their personal manager for their career.

credit to gifmaker/etc.
Dreams change. Don't let that stop you from pursing every one of them.

Love Always,
Marissa Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment