Monday, September 22, 2014

Everybody likes a rollercoaster ride. - Pete Waterman

I find this quote completely wrong, and to some people I might be labeled odd for that. If you know me at all, you'd understand. However, for those that don't, let me enlighten you a little bit.

In a personal sense, this quote is wrong because I HATE  really dislike roller coasters. I stand at about roughly 5'0" barefoot, and like to be firmly planted to the ground. On a weekly basis, I hear remarks about how short I am or how my brothers all got the height in the family. To be honest, life might be a little bit different if I was 3 to 5 inches taller, but why worry about that? 

Of course being a music enthusiast, I had to find a song that shared my thoughts on the matter. 

NeverShoutNever! - On the Brightside

Although I'm not "roughly 6 feet tall" I like to think of this song as a ode to being able to being happy no matter my height or problems I may face with my height. Certainly, your reasoning of lyrics may be entirely different to mine, so don't hold me to that definition! 

Anyways, back to why I find this quote wrong. In a literary sense, if you analyze this quote as a life quote, many people will disagree with it. When talking about life, a roller coaster symbolizes the ups and downs of ones crazy lifestyle. Why would anyone like a crazy roller coaster ride that takes you plummeting to your bottom only to make your heart rise up and feel like you want to throw up? Not me. I'd rather stay on the ground viewing the beauty of what's around me. 

Unfortunately, we can't all be Augustus Waters. His positive attitude, and naive way of thinking. Well, maybe we can.
"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."
 Anyways, that was my Thought of the Day. I hope you enjoyed my little snippet, and pray that your roller coaster is a lot smoother here on out! Even if there are a few ups and downs, it's always nice to reach that moment of clarity and peace. Until later!

xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment